Ultimate Southern Vietnam Private Tour with Chef Ha Nguyen
Size: 2 – 16
Ages: from 12 years old – children must be accompanied by their parents
Duration: 8 days 7 nights
Travel location : Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong, Hoi An
Dates: Per your request.
Join our Ultimate Southern Vietnam Private Food Tour to see the best of Vietnam
Join us on a Southern Vietnam Food Tour where you will discover charming people, vibrant streets and incredible flavours. This private-guided tour will see you enjoying some of the finest Vietnamese foods and drinks, experiencing exciting cooking classes and exploring local markets. With ample time to explore attractions and relax in your luxury 5-star hotel accommodation, this is truly an unforgettable Vietnam food tour experience.
- Welcome cocktails at rooftop bar in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City with Food Tour
- Mekong Delta Day Trip
- Grain by Luke Nguyen Cooking School
- A Hoi An culinary experience at Miss Vy’s Cooking School
- Hoi An Culinary Experience at Miss Vy’s Cooking School
- 8 days 7 nights Vietnam Private Tour with options to do more
- Option to include Ultimate Northern Vietnam Food Tour.
- Join Chef Ha Nguyen – Director of Otao Kitchen – limited dates March/April or October/November departure – surcharge applies.
- 24/7 on-call service crew in Vietnam
- Flight and transfer Ho Chi Minh City – Da Nang (Hoi An)
- Stay at luxury Hotel Majestic Saigon
- Stay at luxury Anantara Hoi An Resort – Hoi An
- Most meals and some drinks
- Some free time to explore on your own.
- Freedom travel as a couple and private group anytime with our local guides. Call Chef Ha 0408 217 899 for an obligation free quote now
ON THE VIETNAM PRIVATE TOUR
Ultimate Southern Vietnam Food Tour – 8 Days 7 Nights
Day 1: Flight from Melbourne or Sydney to Saigon Vietnam (D)
- Arrive in Saigon and private transfer to your hotel
- Stay four nights at the Hotel Majestic Saigon
- Balance of the day with the afternoon at leisure
- Evening – 1-hour welcome cocktail party on Majestic Hotel Rooftop Bar 2-3 cocktails
- Meal included: Cocktail, dinner at Majestic hotel
Day 2: Market Tour and Grain by Luke Nguyen Cooking School Workshop (B/L)
- Morning guided transfer to meet a local chef who will accompany you to the vibrant central market and guide you to select fresh vegetables, spices and other ingredients
- Proceed to Grain by Luke Nguyen Cooking School for a cooking class based around the regional dishes the flavours of Southern Vietnamese cuisine
- Balance of the day/afternoon at leisure
- Evening – Enjoy the amazing city lights with a glass of bubbles at the amazing Chill Skybar happy hour. An unforgettable Vietnam food tour experience!
- Meal included: Breakfast, Lunch at local restaurant, glass of wine on Chill Skybar
Day 3: Mekong Delta Excursion Day (B/L)
- Full day visit to the watery world of Ben Tre in the Mekong Delta.
- Take a boat trip across the river to see to visit a local honey producer and enjoy tastings of honey tea and sweet treats.
- Spend time at a village to enjoy samples of beautiful tropical fruit and a folk song performance
- See the production of coconut sweets (with tastings) then board a sampan to glide along the narrow canals overhung with dense vegetation.
- Travel back across the river to Nha Hang restaurant in My Tho township to enjoy a lunch of local specialties including crispy elephant ear fish with rice paper, rice pancakes, fish cakes and dessert
- Meal included: Breakfast, Lunch at local restaurant
Day 4: Ho Chi Minh City Tour (B/ D)
- This morning embark on a city tour of dynamic Saigon, officially renamed Ho Chi Minh City in 1976. The tour takes in the former Presidential Palace (or the War Museum), the Old Post Office, a walk around the outside of Notre Dame Cathedral
- Balance of the day/afternoon at leisure, option for motobike food tours – Vietnam food tour=
- Dinner at Nha Hang Ngon restaurant
- Meal included: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5: Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An (B/L)
- Early morning private guided transfer to Saigon airport for a flight to Danang
- Arrival in Hoi An and transfer to hotel
- Spend three nights at the Anantara Hoi An Resort (Deluxe Balcony room)
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of the old town visiting former merchant’s houses, the 400 year old Japanese Covered Bridge and the market
- Dinner at leisure
- Meal included: Breakfast, Lunch at local restaurant
Day 6: Hoi An Fish and Farm Tour (B/L)
- Today will be dedicated to learning about traditional Vietnamese farming and fishing techniques starting with a bicycle ride to Phuc Hai fishing village to meet locals before moving to the Duy Hai fish market to purchase seafood and learn about the production of fish sauce
- We then get to try paddling the round bamboo boats and how to cast a traditional fishing net
- Next we travel to the Cam Thanh rice farm to meet the farmers and get hands-on experiences of sowing, growing and harvesting rice by hand and using water buffalo. We will eat with the farmers too before heading back to Hoi An.
- Balance of the day at leisure
- Meal included: Breakfast, Lunch during tour
Day 7: Hoi An Culinary Experience at Miss Vy’s Cooking School (Joined) (B/L/D)
- Enjoy a short boat ride to a local market where your guide will share with you how to pick a fresh seafood, which herbs to buy and how to select ripe tropical fruit. Return to the cooking school and enjoy demonstrations and tastings of famous Vietnamese dishes in this Vietnam food tour
- Optional – Spend time with a hands-on cooking class to create dishes such as Cao Lau, a regional Vietnamese dish made with noodles, pork, and local greens that are only found in central Vietnam
- Afternoon Free
- Dinner at Secret Garden Restaurant
- Meal included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner at local restaurant
Day 8: Hoi An – Ho Chi Minh City (B)
- Guided transfer to Danang airport for your flight to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. End of your Vietnam Private Tour.
- Ask us for a special 4 day Vietnam private tour in Hanoi or a Cambodian Tour
- Meal included: Breakfast
The option to join us on the Ultimate Southern Vietnam Food Tour
BOOKING WITH US
WHY TRAVEL TO VIETNAM WITH US?
Our Vietnam trips are all about amazing food and drink, history, culture and sightseeing along the way – with no stress or hassles. Your tour is hosted by OTAO Kitchen Vietnamese director – Chef Ha Nguyen. Chef Ha is a Hanoi born, Melbourne-based chef with Vietnamese insights in culture, food and history. Please see our dates if you want to travel with Chef Ha – extra charge will be applied.
Your package includes 5-star hotels and resorts, all internal flights, tours, meals and private bus, this tour is designed for those who want to see a different perspective of Vietnam.
We wander through the street of tasting treats from vendors who have been making their specialties here for many generations. A morning walk through some of the fresh markets, then off to a cooking class in amazing locations, which will give you an insight into fascinating morning rituals.
At nights, we experience some of Hanoi Capital City, Hue and Hoi An Ancient Town or Ho Chi Minh City with eclectic dining experiences. Taste traditional foods and new foods plus enjoy the funkiest, innovative bars before and after dinner drinks.
In just over a week you will pack plenty of food, sights, sounds and adventure to make this a trip of a lifetime. All your accommodation, some meals, transport and entrance fees are covered. The only extra is alcohol and extra items not included.
And there’s no reason to head home when you’ve finished the Ultimate Northern Vietnam Food Tour – you can join our Ultimate Northern Vietnam Food Tour. Because we will have both tours running with a few days break in betweeen.
Or an option for you to come back to Vietnam, you could head North to have a perfect finish to your Vietnam adventure. Ask us today for a tailor-made tour of the South of Vietnam including a visit to the Battle of Long Tan site.
- Friends and family – Let us help you plan your perfect Vietnam holidays – whether it’s a Vietnam private trip for your family or a special food experience and adventure for a group of friends!
- Universities and schools – Let us help you with cultural and language to volunteer or educational ideas. Vietnam is great places to visit and learn. It is close to China, Laos and Cambodia. We take your students to this region for longer and shorter customed trip.
- Corporate – Interested in launching a new business or already in the market but looking to expand? Let Otao Kitchen crew in Saigon and Hanoi start working to build your connection with with government officials and potential partners now.
- Planning a Hens and Bucks Party or Wedding in Vietnam?- Otao Kitchen can plan hens and bucks food experience party with our local connections to give you more bang for your buck. We have exclusive partnerships with premium venues in Vietnam. Our personalized party planning service is free and offers truly unique experiences.
- Of course we do or support your project? With expert working with local partner or take donors to see your conservation, educational, or charitable efforts first hand.