Group Size: 8-16 people Private group: from 8 people
Duration: 2.5 hours, once a month
Meet: at Minh Phat Supermarket 2-8 Nicholson St Abbotsford VIC 3067
Finish: at OTAO Kitchen 360 Victoria Street, Richmond
VICTORIA STREET FOOD TOUR
Victoria Street restaurants and Richmond food culture are constantly evolving and some have stood the test of time. Victoria Street is home to some of Melbourne’s first and finest Vietnamese restaurants. On the Victoria Street Food Tour, you will be immersed in Vietnamese, Thai and Japanese food and culture.
Beginning at an authentic Asian grocery store, Minh Phat, learn how to pick the best products and get inspiration for composing your gourmet Vietnamese, Thai or Japanese menus. We then head off down Victoria Street for the rest of the tour. Here you may see some Victoria Street restaurant owners shopping for fresh fruit and vegetables for their restaurant. Along the Victoria Street Food Tour, you will gain insight into the history of Richmond and be introduced to the best bakeries, grocers, fishmongers and kitchen tool stores. You will discover fragrant fresh herbs, tropical fruits and seafoods and have the chance to ask about some exotic ingredients. You’ll also learn how Vietnamese, Thai and Japanese recipes are made and sample some of the popular dishes from our local restaurants.
On the Victoria Street Food Tour, you will visit five to six venues, with a break in between. The Victoria Street Food Tour does involve walking, so please wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella on rainy days. The tour will conclude at OTAO Kitchen Cooking School for a refreshment drink and a bite to eat.
If you’re looking for a few hours of fun on the weekend, to meet new people, or to discover new things about your neighbourhood, the Victoria Street Food Tour is the perfect thing for you to do.
- Learn how to pick the best products and ingredients
- Get inspiration for creating Asian recipes at home
- Gain insight into Victoria Street Richmond, it’s history, food, people and culture
- Guided tour by Chef Ha Nguyen, owner and chef at OTAO Kitchen
- A delicious bite to eat together, with complimentary drinks
- A discount voucher to attend one of our cooking classes
ON THE DAY
- This food experience lasts for approximately 2.5 hours
- Meet at Minh Phat Supermarket where the tour will commence and then head down Victoria Street
- Visit bakeries, grocers, fishmongers and kitchen tool stores along the way
- Arrive at OTAO Kitchen for a deserved bite to eat and a refreshment drink
- *Tour may also include a knife sharpening demonstration
OTHER THINGS TO DO IN RICHMOND ON THE DAY
- Dine along Victoria Street’s Restaurant strip
- Walk or ride along the Yarra River Trail
- Visit Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre with IKEA
- Find a bargain along the Bridge Road Shopping Precinct
- Enjoy a beverage at one of the many pubs and bars
Come along by yourself and meet like-minded new friends or get a group together and share the experience of the Victoria Street Food Tour.