Updated 26 July 2016
COOKING CLASSES AND FOOD EVENTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN AUSTRALIA
1. Booking cooking classes and events
- For public classes and events, book on OTAO Kitchen website www.otaokitchen.com.au
- Payment can be made with VISA and MASTER Credit cards. Credit cards details are passed through a secure server using the latest encryption technology. Cash Payment can be pre-organised. Bank transfer has no credit card surcharge.
- Public Cooking Classes require a minimum of 5 participants to operate.
- If you want to amend your booking, you should contact OTAO Kitchen immediately. It may be possible to transfer to another class within the set time frames if there is a place available. A Cancellation, Change or Transfer fee will be $25 per class, per person.
- We run promotions for limited periods, any change(s) to your booking may mean the promotions may no longer available. If you amend your booking, the new price might be different with original price you paid to OTAO Kitchen so you will pay the new price or whatever higher value. You must email OTAO Kitchen your request at least 7 days prior to the scheduled class. Failure to do so will result in your booking being forfeited and no refund will be owed to you.
- Failure to attend or late arrival after your booked class will also result in your booking being forfeited and no refund will be owed to you.
- In some situations, OTAO Kitchen may have to cancel a class due to operational issues or less than 5 bookings. OTAO Kitchen will offer you to make an alternate booking (date/time/class). No charge for Change, Cancellation or Transfer fee will be made to you.
2. Corporate and private group bookings
- For corporate and private classes and events, telephone 0408 217 899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For corporate/group bookings, OTAO kitchen must receive notice of Cancellation, Change or Transfer request at least 21 days notice prior to the scheduled booked class(es) and event(s). Failure to do so will result in the group booking deposit(s) being forfeited and no refund will be owed to you or the other customers in that group booking.
- A corporate/group booking’s deposit of either 5 seats or 50% of the Total Estimated Amount is needed to confirm the booking of this event. 100% full balance for the event will be settled if less than 21 days prior to the event.
- A corporate/group booking’s Deposit refunds on Cancellation, Change or Transfer are handled as follows: Notice over 21 days prior to the event, 100% refund of deposit less $25 per person; Notice 14 to to 21 days prior to the event – 50% refund of deposit; Notice less than 7 days prior to the event – no refund of deposit.
3. Alteration of Cooking Classes and Events
- In the event of a disruption classes and events may not go ahead as scheduled. These events are unexpected and often notification is received at short notice. Please visit OTAO Kitchen website, check your email and SMS if you are unsure of class scheduling.
- OTAO Kitchen will re-book your class or give you a full credit for future booking up to 6 months from the time the class or event is canceled. While OTAO Kitchen endeavors to operate classes and events as described we reserve the right to change the menu, recipes, and class and event notes as required.
4. Dietary Requirements and Food Allergies
- Generally, OTAO Kitchen can cater to most food requirements. We understand that food allergies can react to small traces of certain food types present in ingredients or on cooking utensils. OTAO Kitchen also realises that some people have allergies so severe they can react to the presence of tiny quantities of food in the air, the most common example being peanuts.
- It is not feasible to test every ingredient and utensil used by different people in preparing food to the level of being able to guarantee there will be no traces of an allergen substance present. OTAO Kitchen cannot control what is brought in by other guests.
- While OTAO Kitchen takes every precaution to cater for dietary requirements and/or food allergies, OTAO Kitchen will not be held responsible or liable for any consequence as a result of your exposure to any food type or allergen. It is your responsibility to manage any food allergy, including bringing any medication (such as an EpiPen) with you to class.
5. Trainers and Customers
- OTAO Kitchen’s classes are run by our trainers. Their decision is final on all matters likely affecting the safety and well-being of all participants.
- If you fail to comply with a decision made by the trainer or interfere with the well-being or learning of the group, the trainer may direct you to leave the class immediately with no right of refund. We may elect not to carry you in future classes.
- In the unlikely event of an emergency, our trainer and staff are trained in first aid and the building is equipped with fire extinguishers. Please follow instruction from OTAO Kitchen staff in the event of an emergency.
- You might be required to check in a register upon arrival, this will allow us and authority to locate everyone in some situation(s).
- Your Commitments to Come to class on time and inform us as soon as possible if you cannot attend; to share equipment and ingredients; to follow health and safety, and to switch off your mobile phone or put it on silent mode during class.
- Smoking, drugs, alcohol are not permitted at the entrance to buildings
6. Privacy Act
- It is essential for OTAO Kitchen to have your name, current telephone number, address and/or email. If required, we will notify you of a canceled class as soon as is practical.
- Please inform OTAO Kitchen immediately if your contact details change. If you have signed up for an online membership, you can log in and update your personal details yourself.
- Legislation governs the release of private information. Information about you may not be given to any person or organisation outside of OTAO without your authorisation, except in an emergency, where there is a risk to the general public, or where required by law. In such cases, the owner or nominee must authorise the release of information.
7. Copyright Act and Marketing
- If you need to copy any materials (printed, electronic, audio, visual) please check with us.
- Images of you taken during classes might be used for advertising and/or promotional purposes. In granting permission, you grant OTAO Kitchen a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such image/s for publicity and promotional purposes.
- At the time of registration, you may include in the option to receive future offers and updates from OTAO by email and/or SMS. Your personal information will be kept in a secure database.
- You may also included in photos and videos of you in our cooking classes and and events for the business marketing purposes. You may opt-out at anytime by letting us know by email or telephone.
8. Complaints and Feedbacks
- If you have a complaint about your class, please inform your trainer or other staff member at the time, in order that they can attempt
to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached by these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to us within 14 days after your class.
- If you would like to make a complaint in writing you can email us or mail your complaint to 360 Victoria Street, Richmond VIC 3121. OTAO Kitchen will respond to your complaint within 7 business days.
- Feedback on the quality of the class you experienced, components individually and/or as a whole are used to improve the delivery of our classes in future. General feedback will be passed back to our trainers and other staff, where relevant, but will not contain individual customer details.
- We may seek your permission to use your feedback on our website and promotional materials. In granting permission, you grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such feedback for publicity and promotional purposes.
9. General Conditions
- We reserve the right to make changes to the information, services and the resources, and are not required to notify customers of any such changes. Any classes, products or services displayed or provided on the website are done “as is”, “where is”and on an”if available” basis. We make no guarantee in relation to the content on our website including the accuracy, currency, success of the recipes, or quality of any such information. We assume no responsibility to whether the website provides you with desired results.
- If you have doubt with our using our software on your computer, we recommend that you obtain specialist advice before visiting the website. If you decide to register with this website, you may be asked to create a password and a logon. You must keep this information confidential and must not disclose it to anyone.
- If you believe someone else knows your password and logon, please contact us immediately. You are solely responsible for using the site reasonably, lawfully, and in accordance with our site requirements.
- It is a condition of participating with Otao Kitchen, participants understand risks (and rewards) such as cuts, fires and above and beyond. Participants accepts these risk and obligations and assume fully risks of participating otao kitchen products and services. Participants release Otao Kitchen from any liabilities connected to these risks to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- “OTAO Kitchen, our, we, us, trainer/s” means Otao kitchen Asian Cooking School, its owners, employees, volunteers and contractors. “You, your, their, customer, participant/s, guest/s” means OTAO Kitchen customer.
FOOD TOURS’ TERMS AND CONDITIONS OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALIA
1. General Information
- The following terms and conditions form the basis of your contract with Otao Kitchen Ply Ltd. Please read them carefully as they set out your and our respective rights and obligations.
- By asking us to confirm your booking, we are entitled to assume that you have read this booking conditions and you agree to them and that you agree to them applying to your holiday arrangements that you book with us.
- References in these booking conditions to your “food experience”, “food tour” and “holiday package” are references tour package you have booked with Otao Kitchen.
2. Price and Discounts
- Your booking price will be set out on this website unless it is varied by advertising or a special offer, including government taxes and charges, exchange rates, fuel surcharges, airline charges, a force majeure event or other material changes by suppliers.
- Once you pay your deposit your tour package price is guaranteed. A deposit per person, per tour package is required within seven days of booking confirmation.
- Final payment of the balance of your Tour Package price is due 90 days prior to departure unless stated in the terms of a special offer.
- OTAO KITCHEN reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or to refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by OTAO KITCHEN within the specified time.
- Payment in full is required at time of booking for reservations made less than 90 days before departure from your country of origin.
- If you pay OTAO KITCHEN by credit card credit card surcharges of between 2- 3% will be added your tour price.
- If OTAO KITCHEN is unable to confirm your reservation, all payment will be refunded.
6. Travelling with Children
- Children under ten years of age are not recommended on our group tours but you can book private tour.
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and share their accommodation with an adult.
7. Included in Tour Package Price
- Please refer to our product page for each product.
8. Not Included in Tour Price
- Airfares unless we specify in your offer
- airport taxes, laundry, passport and visa fees
- food not on the regular scheduled menu
- drinks may or may not be included as indicated in your itinerary
- excess baggage, fuel surcharges
- and optional excursions and gratuities not specified in your itinerary.
- Where stated, airport transfers are included on the first and last day of the Tour Package at designated times. No refund will be given for unused transfers.
- Transfers cannot be re-routed to other pick-up points or destinations.
- Passengers who miss the pre-booked transfers must make their own way to the hotel at their own expense.
- Some Tour Packages include group transfers from or in between airports/hotels and vice versa.
- A group transfer is generally a shared transfer and the type of vehicle used will normally be dependent upon the size of the group.
10. Choosing your Holiday
- To maximise your enjoyment of your OTAO KITCHEN tour and to ensure that it lives up to your expectations it is important that you choose the right Tour Package for you. Our qualified staff
- Our qualified staff are available to discuss your options.
- Have NOT included for all staff on all OTAO KITCHEN Tours.
- International hotels are often smaller than those in Australia and NZ. In more remote places, hotel standards may not be quite as high as in major city.
- OTAO KITCHEN endeavours to utilise the most suitable accommodation available in each destination to ensure that passengers enjoy high levels of cleanliness, comfort and service.
- The hotels listed will be used on almost all Tour Packages, however, if a change is necessary for any reason, OTAO KITCHEN will endeavour to ensure that alternative accommodation is of an equivalent standard to those shown.
- Hotel rooms are generally not available for check-in before 3 pm and require check-out by 10 am.
Twin or Double Rooms
- Accommodation in all hotels, regardless of the rating, is in standard rooms based on twins or doubles unless otherwise stated.
13. Solo Travelers
- A limited number of single rooms may be available by request at time of booking your Tour Package.
- Single rooms are usually smaller than standard twin or double rooms and often only have one single bed.
14. Passengers Needing Special Assistance
- OTAO KITCHEN welcomes passengers with disabilities or special needs provided they are accompanied by a companion capable of providing all necessary assistance.
- Any disability or medical condition requiring special attention must be reported to OTAO KITCHEN at the time of booking.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to advise us of your circumstances to ensure the selected tour is suited to your individual needs.
- OTAO KITCHEN is not responsible for any loss of enjoyment, loss of touring or loss of monies should the customer be unable to participate in the tour or in any or all of the activities.
- Any costs incurred as a consequence of the customer’s need to return home as a result of non-disclosure are the customer’s sole responsibility.
- OTAO KITCHEN will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled passengers, but is not responsible for any denial of services by carriers, hotels, trains, restaurants or other independent suppliers, or for any additional associated expenses.
- OTAO KITCHEN is unable to provide individual assistance to any passenger for walking, dining, boarding or alighting coaches or other transportation vehicles or other personal needs.
15. General Health and Fitness
- A good level of fitness and health is required to participate on OTAO KITCHEN’s Tour Packages.
- MOST destinations there are extensive sightseeing excursions by foot and which includes climbing of stairs. Mobility is needed boarding or alighting coaches, river cruise ships and planes.
- We recommend a visit to the doctor and dentist before travelling to overseas destinations.
- It is your responsibility to advise OTAO KITCHEN of any pre-existing medical conditions or health and mobility related concerns that may affect the normal conduct of a Tour Package and the enjoyment of other passengers.
16. Visa and Passports
- All passengers must have a valid passport that is valid for at least six months after the Tour Package return date.
- Passengers must consult with the appropriate consulates to ensure that they have any applicable visas for countries included in the Tour Package prior to departure.
- Passengers are solely responsible for meeting necessary passport and visa entry requirements and paying all associated costs.
- OTAO KITCHEN is not responsible for delays or missed portions of the Tour Package resulting from incorrect travel documents or visas.
17. Public holidays/festivals
- The countries we travel to have public holidays, religious or otherwise.
- The festivities may temporarily disrupt your holiday and some religious holidays may result in a reduction of facilities and entertainment.
18. Special offers
- Tour Packages included in our late bookings with promotions or special offers are also featured in OTAO KITCHEN’s website.
- Late booking promotions and special offers do not apply to existing bookings unless otherwise stated.
- Air travel is often arranged with independent airlines by our choosen travel agents.
- OTAO KITCHEN will arrange air travel as advertised in connection with you Tour Package or otherwise arranged with OTAO KITCHEN.
- All airfares are subject to flight and booking class availability.
- Airfares will be booked and ticketed upon receipt of your deposit to avoid price or tax increases.
- Airport taxes vary for each departure point and routing of airline.
- Airline schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once air tickets are issued, airline amendment and/or cancellation fees apply and, in some cases, are non-refundable.
- Name changes and voluntary date and schedule changes will incur fees.
- OTAO KITCHEN is not liable for delays or disruptions of air travel.
- Once tickets are issued OTAO KITCHEN will have no other liability and will not be responsible for refunding the cost of any services booked in conjunction with the flights.
20. Out of Date Range Flights
- If airlines have not published their schedule at the time of booking, OTAO KITCHEN will estimate the cost of airfares connected with your Tour Package.
- When the airline releases flight inventory and airfares, OTAO KITCHEN will confirm seats and pricing to you by sending you an updated invoice.
- Once flights have been confirmed by you and payment has been received OTAO KITCHEN will issue your ticket/s.
21. Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance is not included in your Tour Package.
- For your protection we strongly recommend that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes (without limitation) coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise and land content and airfare charges that may occur due to cancellation, disruption, loss of deposit or strikes.
22. Travel information and documents
- After booking you will receive an invoice with all important information relevant to your Tour Package. We strongly recommend you check the details carefully and read the included information.
- Please ensure that you check your flight timings carefully on your tickets, particularly early am departures.
- Approximately 21 days before departure you will receive your e-ticket together with your final itinerary. However in the case of late bookings, charges or late payment, tickets may be emailed to you.
23. Special Requests
- Where a special request (eg. diet, room location, twin or double bedded room, a particular facility at a hotel, flight seat requests and/or particular meals) is an important factor in your choice of holiday, you must advise us when your booking is made.
- OTAO KITCHEN will pass your request onto the hotel, airline or other supplier but cannot guarantee that it will be accommodated.
- OTAO KITCHEN will also pass on any dietary requests to the airline but we strongly recommend that you check directly with the airline once your tickets have been issued.
- The provision of any special request does not constitute a term of your contract with us. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met.
- Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
24. Changes or Additions to Your Holiday
- If you want to change any part of your holiday arrangements after the invoice has been issued, we will do our best to make the change, but it may not be possible.
- Any request for changes must be made in writing by the person who made the original booking, or his or her travel agent.
- If it is possible to make the change, it will be subject to an administration charge and payment of any further costs incurred as a result of the change.
25. Tour Package Cancellation Policy
- For all Tour Packages the following OTAO KITCHEN cancellation fees apply:
90 days or more – Loss of Tour Package deposit
90-61 days – 50% of Tour Package price
60 days or less – 100% of Tour Package price
- All cancellations must be received in writing by OTAO KITCHEN and are not effective until this notification has been received.
- If your holiday has commenced, 100% of the full Tour Package price is charged. There is no refund for unused services or if portions of the Tour Package are missed.
Additional cancellation fees may also be charged in respect of accommodation reserved outside the Tour Package dates.
- These cancellation fees are in addition to any fees that may be levied by OTAO KITCHEN and your travel agent (if any).
- You acknowledge that the amounts estimated under the Cancellation Policy are reasonable and represent a genuine pre-estimate of OTAO KITCHEN’s loss.
- If you request changes after OTAO KITCHEN has issued your documents, OTAO KITCHEN may charge you a fee of AUD$70 per person in addition to any applicable cancellation fees.
26. Cancellation of Airfares
- Scheduled airlines normally regard name changes and changes to departure dates as a cancellation and rebooking which may attract a cancellation fee.
- Applicable cancellation fees may amount to 100% of the airfare.
27. Flight Changes
- The flight timings shown in our brochure, on our website and detailed on your confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation.
- Flight timings are set by airlines and affected by events outside our control. OTAO KITCHEN will advise you of any significant changes as soon as it is informed by the airline.
- Minor timing changes will be shown on your flight tickets. Any change in the identity of the airline, flight timings or aircraft type (if advised) will not entitle you to cancel or change to other arrangements without paying any applicable cancellation fees except where specified in these booking conditions.
If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday Before Your Departure
- OTAO KITCHEN endeavours to provide you with all the services confirmed to you at the time of your booking. However, we plan arrangements a long time in advance of your departure date using independent suppliers such as airline, hotels etc., over whom we have no direct control.
- On occasions changes do have to be made, and OTAO KITCHEN reserves the right to cancel or amend Tour Packages/excursions accordingly.
28. Force Majeure Cancellation
Force Majeure means the occurrence of an event that is beyond OTAO KITCHEN’s reasonable control and which could not have been reasonably prevented by OTAO KITCHEN such as
- war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the threat of any such acts;
- natural disaster (including but not limited to flooding, fire, earthquake, landslide), adverse weather conditions, high or low water levels;
- nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental pollution or contamination; or
- change in law, meaning, enactment, amendment (including repeal) in the law or administration of any law in Australia or any jurisdiction or territory relevant to the booking contract, which includes changes in statute, regulation, determination, by-law, declaration, licence and the common law as applicable from time to time.
29. Termination of Booking Contract or Change of Travel Arrangements Due to Force Majeure
If OTAO KITCHEN, in its reasonable opinion, considers that any Force Majeure event prevents OTAO KITCHEN from lawfully or safely providing any products or services subject of the booking contract with you, OTAO KITCHEN may immediately by written notice:
- terminate the booking contract in whole or in part;
- change your travel arrangements as reasonably practicable to ensure your safety and invoice you for any additional costs.
30. Limitation of Liability in the Event of Force Majeure
In the event that OTAO KITCHEN cancels or changes your travel arrangements in any way due to a Force Majeure event, OTAO KITCHEN will not be liable to you in contract, tort, statute or restitution for any loss, damage, costs, charges, expenses or injury resulting from or in connection with whether directly or indirect.
- the cancellation or change to your travel arrangements; or
- the Force Majeure event. OTAO KITCHEN is not liable to refund any part of the deposit or purchase price paid by you if OTAO KITCHEN subsequently changes or cancels your travel arrangements in connection with a Force Majeure event.
- Force Majeure events are unpredictable and beyond OTAO KITCHEN’s control.
- It is your responsibility to purchase travel insurance to adequately protect yourself against these risks.
31. Personal Belongings and Lost Items
- For security reasons valuables should be kept to a minimum and packed in your hand luggage along with your medicines, camera, film, electrical or battery-operated appliances, as well as basic essentials such as a change of clothing and toiletries.
- It is your responsibility to look after your property at all times and you must ensure you are adequately covered by comprehensive travel insurance in the event of any loss.
32. Website and Brochure Accuracy
- OTAO KITCHEN has endeavoured to ensure that the information given on this website and in our brochures about accommodation, itineraries etc., is correct to the best of its knowledge at the time of going to print. However, advertised descriptions and facilities and prices may change.
- We recommend that you confirm the details of your chosen Tour Package at the time of booking. Additionally, flight times, carriers and routes in the brochure are given for guidance only as there may be changes.
- Final details will be shown on your tickets. Tour Package or excursion itineraries may change or be different from those described as a result of local conditions, weather conditions, annual events.
- OTAO KITCHEN will endeavour to notify you of any significant changes prior to your departure.
33. Personal Information Policy
- Your personal data will be passed on by OTAO KITCHEN to any relevant independent suppliers connected with your Tour Package who need to know it so that your holiday can be provided and may also be provided to government/public authorities such as customs, immigration and the security services if required.
- All personal data you give us (including sensitive personal data) will be kept. We will use only names and contact details for marketing purposes unless you notify us that you do not wish to receive future marketing material by writing to OTAO KITCHEN, 360 Victoria Street, Richmond VIC Australia 3121
34. Limitation of Liability
- Our Tour Packages include the services of independent providers, such as hoteliers, airlines, cruise companies and other operators, who are not agents, servants or employees of OTAO KITCHEN.
- Although we take care in selecting the independent service providers and the optional excursions conducted by some independent service providers, OTAO KITCHEN is not responsible for the conduct of the independent service providers, their servants and agents or for any ramifications of that conduct.
- Optional excursions may, depending on your Tour Package, include activities. You accept and assume the risk involved with these activities.
- If, in the opinion of any representative of OTAO KITCHEN, your mental or physical condition is such as to affect your own health and safety, render you incapable to care for yourself, cause you to became a hazard to yourself or other passengers or result in you becoming objectionable to other passengers or staff, you will not be permitted to continue on the whole or any part of the Tour Package.OTAO KITCHEN is not liable to you for any costs associated with such decision and you will not be refunded for any part of the Tour Package.
- OTAO KITCHEN accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, illness, loss including loss of enjoyment, damage, detention, delay including mechanical breakdown beyond its control.
- Any term, condition or warranty express or implied by statute or otherwise in respect of the Tour Packages contained on this website or in brochures are excluded to the full extent permitted by law.
- Nothing in these booking conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as amended, consolidated, supplemented or replaced.
- To the full extent permitted by law, OTAO KITCHEN’s liability arising under or in connection with these booking conditions: (a) is limited to the re-supply of the products or services or the payment of the cost of re-supply of the products or services to you; and (b) excludes liability for any indirect or consequential losses suffered by you or any third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to pure economic loss or any special, extraordinary or punitive damage to you or any other party.
- Your travel agent will forward deposits and other payments to us on your behalf, but your travel agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of deposits and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by us and the travel agent has no authority expressed or implied to receive monies on our behalf.
- There is no liability on the part of OTAO KITCHEN in respect to any monies paid to your travel agent unless and until OTAO KITCHEN notifies you (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment receipt advice) that monies have been received by OTAO KITCHEN. OTAO KITCHEN reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by OTAO KITCHEN within the specified time.
35. Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Our staff are trained in the Responsible Service of Alcohol and are obligated by law to refuse service to any guest who is intoxicated or behaves in an aggressive or offensive manner.
36. Medical Assistance
OTAO KITCHEN does not employ medical staff on our tours. Where a doctor is not onboard and if you require medical attention, local medical services can be contacted immediately. You are responsible for all charges that result from a visiting a medical facility, or for a medical practitioner visiting you. OTAO KITCHEN is not responsible for the type or quality of the medical services you may receive
37. Service Enquiries
- If a problem occurs during your holiday you should, in your own interests, advise your tour director or call our local service number and notify us by email email@example.com so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter.
- If you remain dissatisfied, any complaint must be made in writing to OTAO KITCHEN within 30 days.
38. Luggage Limits
- It is your flight’s requirement. We won’t not take any extra luggage that is not reasonable. Your tour/cruise director will advise you of the exact additional charge.