Our Melbourne food tours start with Queen Victoria Market Tour and Cooking Class. The tour commences at the Queen Victoria Market and concludes at our cooking school.
If you have ever felt overwhelmed at the market by all the choices and unfamiliar produce, then the Queen Victoria Market and Cooking Class is for you. Let us guide you through the fresh stalls of Queen Victoria Market and help demystify what ingredients are available this season in your Melbourne food tours. The chef will encourage you to select ingredients you have never tasted before and that you want to learn how to cook. After an hour of shopping and tasting, we’ll head back to OTAO Kitchen and cook a huge seasonal feast together.
FOOD TOUR AND COOKING CLASS
Group Size: 5 – 12 | Duration: 4 – 6 hours | Location: Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne CBD – concluding at OTAO Kitchen, Richmond
PLEASE NOTE: Private Queen Victoria Market Tour and Cooking Class is available now until the end of the year. The public Queen Victoria Market Tour and Cooking Classes is with limited dates.
- In the Queen Victoria Market Tour and Cooking Class, you will learn how to select produce and other ingredients when shopping at the market
- Engage in hands on cooking of the recipes, guided by an expert Chef
- Learn cooking tips, tricks and techniques in food tour melbourne
- Create and enjoy a fabulous five course menu with key ingredients – a seafood dish, a poultry dish, a meat dish, a vegetable or a salad dish, plus a dessert
MELBOURNE FOOD TOURS AND COOKING INCLUSIONS
- Queen Victoria Market Tour and Cooking is a hands-on cooking class experience and food tour in Melbourne
- Refreshment drinks throughout the class
- Use of all cooking equipment and utensils, including apron
- The freshest quality food and ingredients provided
- A delicious five course meal celebrated and enjoyed together, with complimentary sparkling wine
ON THE DAY
- The Queen Victoria Market Tour and Cooking experience lasts for approximately 4 – 6 hours depending on the group size
- You will make your own way to Queen Victoria Market – we can provide transport at an additional cost (please ask)
- You will have a coffee and be introduced to the tour leader and other group members/li>
- Walking through Queen Victoria Market – allow 1.5 hours
- You will learn about new and essential ingredients and enjoy some tastings
- Travel to OTAO Kitchen for hands on cooking of the recipes, guided by your chef
- Complimentary refresher drink on arrival
- Demonstration of the Market Tour and Cooking Class recipes
- Tastings, making entree, mains, salads, desserts
- Sit and eat together at the end with a glass of sparkling wine
HOW TO GET TO QUEEN VICTORIA MARKET MELBOURNE
- By Train – 7 minute walk from Melbourne Central Station on Elizabeth St and Flagstaff Station on William St.
- By Bus – Please use Melbourne Visitor Shuttle Bus and get off at stop 8 for the Market.
- By Bike – with free bike parking in and around the Market and a safe bike route on Royal Parade and Victoria Street.
- By Tram – Free tram zone with city circle or take the 19, 57 or 59 to Stop 7, Elizabeth St or Tram 55 to Stop 9, Peel St.
- By Car – parking information here
QUEEN VICTORIA MARKET HOURS
Fresh Produce Lower Market, A & B Sheds and Specialty Shopping Upper Market
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 6am to 2pm
- Wednesday Closed
- Thursday 6am to 2pm
- Friday Closed
- Saturday 6am to 3pm
- Sunday 9am to 4pm
String Bean Alley open Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Traders commence packing down stalls 60-90 minutes before advertised closing times.
Come along by yourself and meet like-minded new friends or get a group together and share the experience of our Queen Victoria Market Tour and Cooking Class