Direct flights to Vietnam
Direct flights to Vietnam arrive at three main international airports of Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Da Nang. Visitors often take the cheaper option of an indirect flight via regional cities such as Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Kula Lumpur, Brunei… and transit at no extra cost. It is best if you can find an airline that flies in and out of both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City will allow you to fly into one city and out of the other save up some time.
- High season fares are from July to August, Christmas and New Year holidays and around Tet, the Vietnamese New Year.
- Low season fares are from September to mid-December and January to June.
Visit via Southeast Asian Countries
- Visiting Vietnam and Southeast Asian countries is popular, cheaper and easier. Check out Jetstar | jetstar.com, Tiger Airways| tigerairways.com and Air Asia | airasia.com
The UK and Ireland To Vietnam
- Direct flight to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City with VietnamVietnam Airlines | vietnamairlines.com. You can fly with another Southeast Asian carrier Singapore Airlines | singaporeair.com Thai Airways | thaiairways.com, Malaysia Airlines | malaysiaairlines.com, Cathay Pacific cathaypacific.com, Qatar | qatarairways.com Emirates |emirates.com from London via the airline’s home city.
The US and Canada to Vietnam
- Direct flight to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City with VietnamVietnam Airlines | vietnamairlines.com. United Airlines | united.com was the first American carrier to have direct flights to Vietnam after the Vietnam war 1975.
- Please note that some routes require an overnight stay in regional cities such as Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong
Australia and New Zealand To Vietnam
- Direct flight to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City with Vietnam Airlines | vietnamairlines.com. Qantas | qantas.com work with Vietnam Airlines |vietnamairlines.com. and Jetstar | jetstar.com offering direct services from Australia.
- The alternative is to fly to another Asian regional cities such as Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong and then either get connecting flights or travel overland to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
- From New Zealand you may flight with Air New Zealand | airnewzealand.co.nz from Auckland and Ho Chi Minh City on a seasonal basis, operating from June to October in 2016 with the potential to expand the season in subsequent years
China, Laos and Cambodia To Vietnam
- You can enter Vietnam overland from China, Laos or Cambodia as this way you can see more of the region than you would if you simply flew in big cities.
- Take a look at Southern China, from Phnom Penh or Siem Reap with Cambodia Angkor Air codeshare partner Vietnam Airlines, or from Vientiane withVietnam Airlines | vietnamairlines.com or Lao Airlines | laoairlines.com.
China to Vietnam
- The Beijing–Hanoi train enters Vietnam at Lang Son route. Other China border is also open Lao Cai with roadlink to Hanoi.
- From Laos, six border crossings are currently open to foreigners: Lao Bao, Cau Treo, Nam Can, Na Meo, Bo Y, Tay Trang. It is possible and cheaper to use international bus services from Savannakhet and Vientiane to Hanoi, Dong Ha, Vinh, Da Nang and other destinations in Vietnam. Take direct services are recommended as regular reports of extortion continue to come in from those crossing independently.
- From Cambodia you can travel by air-conditioned bus from Phnom Penh straight through to Ho Chi Minh City, via the Moc Bai crossing. There are two crossings in the Mekong Delta area of Vinh Xuong and Tinh Bien, which are respectively 30km north and 25km west of Chau Doc.
- Please note you will need multiple entry valid visa to cross these borders. You may be charged with a “processing fee”, typically few dollars. Please note border gates are open from around 7am to 5pm and may close over lunch.
How we can help you?
- We want you to take control of your flights to Vienam dates, times, airlines so we like you to rganise your own flights to Vietnam. All other transport in Vietnam is included in your tour.
- We know that many of you have frequent flyer miles and need the freedom to use rewards, points or memberships to reduce the cost of your flights.
- We are happy to direct you to our sister company in Hanoi and Melbourne to get the best fares for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your enquiry. We will match you up for your flights to Vietnam and other destinations in Asian if you wish with them.
Travel with us – Vietnam Food Tour
Discover charm people, vibrant streets and incredible flavours, Vietnam is an attractive food destination to travel to. Join us on a Vietnam Food Tour. This private-guided tour will see you enjoying some of the finest Vietnamese foods and drinks, experience exciting cooking classes and exploring local markets. With ample time to explore attractions and relax in your luxury 5-star hotel accommodation, this is truly an unforgettable Vietnam food experience. Explore your ultimate Northern Vietnam Food Tour or Ultimate Southern Vietnam Food Tour Now.